MCADSV is a statewide, membership-based, anti-violence, nonprofit organization operating in Helena, Montana. We are a coalition of individuals and organizations working together to uproot violence and oppression in order to end domestic and sexual violence in Montana. Violence and oppression are conditions that we believe must be uprooted in order to end domestic and sexual violence. White supremacy, patriarchy, homophobia, colonialism and dominance must be addressed if we hope to end violence and abuse against all people.
Become a Member
We invite you to join us in our efforts and consider becoming a member of MCADSV. We welcome all who align with our vision for Montana. Free or reduced memberships are available as needed.
MCADSV has two types of membership – individual or organizational.
- Open to all programs who are victim service organizations (this includes community-based programs, victim-witnesses, and other entities including nonprofit or public organizations) with an interest in addressing domestic or sexual violence.
- “Designated Key Representative” of the organizational member has a voice/vote in the decision-making process and may hold office on the MCADSV Board of Directors.
- Open to any individual with an interest in addressing domestic or sexual violence.
- “Each individual member has a voice/vote in the decision-making process and may hold office on the MCADSV Board of Directors.
MCADSV engages in a variety of social change efforts including policy advocacy, systems advocacy and community organizing. Please follow us on social media for all the latest news and opportunities to take action.
Services to Members
Since its inception, a key portion of the MCADSV mission has been to support the efforts of our member programs to offer professional, appropriate assistance to survivors of domestic and sexual violence in their communities. To that end, we provide our members with regular technical assistance, training, and the opportunity to network with one another and share best practices. Below are some of the specifics:
- We provide information to our members that include updates about trainings/conferences, grants/funding, articles of interest, best practices, as well as actions and alerts on state and federal policy.
- We offer specialized training to our members in their communities.
- We host networking opportunities through membership meetings, annual conferences and regional meetings throughout the state. Scholarships are available.
- We also provide technical assistance to members via the phone or e-mail, conducting research for them, or providing them with training/advocacy materials that we’ve developed or that have been developed elsewhere and purchased by MCADSV.
- All members have access to our extensive resource library.